FINAL LINEAR EMS
The increasing high quality steel demand is pushing steel plants to enhance the quality of the “as cast” product, and the central soundness is a key point for several steel grade families.
Final liner stirrers have been developed to ensure a low segregation index, to reduce porosity issues and to avoid mini-ingotism phenomena by generating a travelling magnetic field that induces a longitudinal upstream flow in the billet/bloom liquid core.
This flow has two main effects: avoiding the formation of solidification bridges and mixing the segregated liquid.
FL-EMS are installed at final solidification stage, close to the straightening unit.
Moreover, these stirrers can be associated to a moving system and an on-line solidification algorithm to ensure the best performance.
The stirrers are able to operate on very small liquid pools, below 40 mm.
- Central soundness enhancement
- Central segregation reduction
- Central porosity reduction
- Mini-ingotism phenomena prevention
- Central quality improvement with minimum modification of the CCM
- Ergonomic installation: cooled body integrated against heat radiation from billet, anti-collision rolls, removable stirrer cover to facilitate the maintenance operations
- Alternating stirring function available
Casting Technologies Gmbh