ULTRASONIC LEVEL DETECTOR FOR STEEL LEVEL CONTROL
UT-LEVEL is an innovative system applicable to billets, blooms and beam-blanks CCMs for measuring and controlling the steel level in the mould based on the ULD sensor.
The ULD – Ultrasonic Level Detector – sensor is based on ultrasonic technology, that enables a fully contactless measurement, requiring minimal machining to measure the temperature profile on the copper tube, and thanks to a dedicated algorithm the steel level is determinate.
In addition to information regarding the steel level, the data provided by the ULD sensor can be used by UT-MAP software package, provided by ergolines, for the real time thermal mapping of the copper mould available on demand. UT- MAP is able to detect anomalies in the solidification process in the mould and to provide key data for break-out prevention.
It is a smart software solution designed for industry 4.0
- Reliable steel level control
- Elimination of radioactive sources and the cost of management of radioactive components
- Minimize machining required for installation
- Low mantenance costs
- Real-time and reliable steel level measurement
- Non-invasive installation
- No disposal costs and safety issues of radioactive sources
- Availability on demand of the thermal profile in the meniscus area
Casting Technologies Gmbh